Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Upcoming week in clinicals..

Blog #5

This week is going to be the hardest in long-term clinicals thus far.  This week we will be administering medications and also doing physicals assessments on our residents.  I am extremely nervous!  I do not do well when I am being watched.  I understand it is for school purposes and the teachers need to be sure we do everything correctly.  But it is still very nerve wrecking.  I just need to have confidence in myself and my ability to perform these tasks and I am sure I will do great!  I am sure as the year goes on I will get more comfortable with the idea of being watched while performing a task and it will not make me so nervous throughout the procedure.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I know you will do great. I ended up being more nervous administering medications when we did our skills checkout than doing it in a clinical setting. I will be praying it will be the same thing for you. Be confident! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete