Blog #6
Well we just got through out first week of acute care clinicals. This first week was very informative and helped us get more orientated to the hospital setting we will be working in for the next year. I really enjoyed providence so far, the people that work there seem very willing to help in any way possible. I am also very nervous to actually start next week. I am used to working in a long term care setting where you know everyone you are working with. At a hospital you meet new people often and have to get to know them in a short period of time to help them in the ways that are needed for them. I will continue praying to God to give me the strength and knowledge to help me get past my nerves.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is nerve racking to think that our patients are going to be different almost daily! Its not going to be the same little old lady that we helped out of bed every morning!
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand - praise god we dont have to spend an hour getting people ready! That people in med-surg are a little more oriented and willing!
I have to say that I thought I was a pretty personable person but it has been very challenging to try and communicate effectively with all the people we come across in just one day at the hospital!
ReplyDeleteJoe you are totally right it is nice to not spend an hour plus to get your patient up and ready for the day...usually just in time for lunch! I miss the sweet old ladies and cute old men but man do I love the hospital!
I totally agree! I was really nervous too. But it became easier to meet the staff as the weeks at the hospital progressed. The nurses are very to the point and I am sometimes afraid to ask questions. I need to remember it is important to be bold and ask questions because that is how you learn. I hope you have a great nurse next week that you feel comfortable enough to ask questions. I can't believe its our last week at clinicals.
ReplyDelete